Memorials & Tributes
Make a gift. Honor a life.
Honor the memory of a loved one by giving the gift of hope and love, or celebrate the life of a friend or relative by making a contribution to UF Health in lieu of flowers. There are many ways you can help make a difference in the lives of our patients:
Make an Online Gift
Garden of Hope
Memorialize a loved one at the Garden of Hope on our UF Health campus. You can remember or honor a special person or occasion by purchasing your own piece of the Garden of Hope. Several options are available, including garden pavers and honor wall dedications. Learn more online here.
Set up group donations, including an online donation site. Contact us and include the following information so we can assist:
- Your name;
- Name of the person you would like to honor;
- Contact information of the family or person who should be notified of the gift;
- Where you would like the gifts directed.
Include memorial gift information in obituaries. Sample sentences include:
- “In lieu of flowers, please honor ‘MR. SMITH’s’ memory by making a donation to UF Health Shands Hospital. Gifts may be mailed to UF Health Office of Development, P.O. Box 100386, Gainesville, FL 32610. *Please indicate on your gift that it is directed to UF Health Shands Hospital and that it is in MR. SMITH’s memory.”
- “Gifts in memory of ‘MR. SMITH’ may be made to UF Health Shands Hospital by mailing to UF Health Office of Development, P.O. Box 100386, Gainesville, FL 32610.” *Please indicate on your gift that it is directed to UF Health Shands Hospital and that it is in MR. SMITH’s memory.