Daphna Yasova Barbeau is a second-year pediatrics resident and will serve as co-chief resident in 2015.
1. When and how did you decide to enter pediatrics?
I think I have always known I would end up in pediatrics. All of my training just confirmed how much I love working with kids.
2. What has been the most rewarding aspect of residency?
Working with children and families continues to inspire me. I am so proud and humbled by the brave families I get to work with every day. Working with sick children has taught me so much about myself — it’s a constant reminder that every day is a gift to be cherished.
3. What are some of your favorite memories of working at UF Health?
I have been so fortunate to have wonderful, supportive and fun-loving classmates. We have so much fun together outside of work, and it is such a blessing to have them to lean on during very long, or especially difficult, days.
4. Is there a particular area of pediatrics that interests you most?
Neonatology and doing arts and crafts!
5. Please tell us about any special interests or hobbies you have.
I love to cook, play outdoors and spend time with friends and family. My husband and I are so thrilled to be expecting a baby in December.