Two of our major fundraising partners, Dance Marathon at Florida State University and OwlThon at Florida Atlantic University held their marquee events earlier this spring. Together, both programs raised a combined $2,458,035.63! Here are some facts and figures around this year’s campaign:
OwlThon at FAU
- Dancers stood for over 13 hours for the 6th annual OwlThon at FAU.
- They raised a total of $247,870.42, which was more than $3K over last year’s total!
- There were almost 200 FAU students that participated on the day of the event.
- Three high schools participated this year. They raised over $45K cumulatively. High school integration with the collegiate program only began last year.
- This was also the first year that OwlThon introduced a strong captains program, in which the student body was able to join our expanding internal team on a much wider scale.
Dance Marathon at FSU
- DM at FSU raised $2,210,165.21 for this year’s event.
- More than 1,800 students participated and countless CMN ambassador families shared their stories throughout the weekend.
- Seven high school programs participated this year and raised $402,036 — a 75 percent increase in revenue over high school programs last year.
- DM at FSU will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2020.