Dance Marathon at FSU, OwlThon at FAU make miracles for the kids
Two of our major fundraising partners, Dance Marathon at Florida State University and OwlThon at Florida Atlantic University held their marquee events earlier this spring. Together, both programs raised a combined $2,458,035.63! Here are some facts and figures around this year’s campaign:
OwlThon at FAU
- Dancers stood for over 13 hours for the 6th annual OwlThon at FAU.
- They raised a total of $247,870.42, which was more than $3K over last year’s total!
- There were almost 200 FAU students that participated on the day of the event.
- Three high schools participated this year. They raised over $45K cumulatively. High school integration with the collegiate program only began last year.
- This was also the first year that OwlThon introduced a strong captains program, in which the student body was able to join our expanding internal team on a much wider scale.
Dance Marathon at FSU
- DM at FSU raised $2,210,165.21 for this year’s event.
- More than 1,800 students participated and countless CMN ambassador families shared their stories throughout the weekend.
- Seven high school programs participated this year and raised $402,036 — a 75 percent increase in revenue over high school programs last year.
- DM at FSU will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2020.