Everything to know about UF Health Gridiron Challenge
The 2019 UF Health Gridiron Challenge is coming up on Saturday, Feb. 9. Here is all the information you need to have a great time at the event. We hope to see you there!
- What: UF Health Gridiron Challenge
- When: All day beginning at 9 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 9
- Where: Flavet Field at the University of Florida
- Why: This flag football tournament and family friendly tailgate raises fund and awareness for our local CMN hospital, UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital.
- Cost: Free
- Parking: Parking is permitted anywhere near Flavet Field.
- What to bring: Guests are permitted to bring chairs, tents and coolers to set up their own “tailgate.” Alcohol is prohibited.
- Bathrooms are onsite. No ATMs will be available, however credit or debit cards will be accepted for any purchases or donations.
ACTIVITIES + ENTERTAINMENT
- All-day flag football tournament. This year, a record 19 teams will compete. Many teams include CMN Ambassador Families and pediatric care teams.
- A visit from Albert and Alberta and other special guests from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Miracle Makers Training Camp. This all-day clinic is geared toward children to teach them basic football skills such as passing, catching and kicking.
- CMN Store and Raffle. Various CMN Hospitals merchandise will be available for purchase. This year’s raffle features many special items, including an autographed football from Coach Mullen, an Apple Watch Series 4 and theme park tickets.
- ShandsCair will be on-site with two ambulances to assist with medical needs. Be sure to stop by and see the brand-new NICU ambulance, funded by your gifts to CMN Hospitals!
- Obstacle course bounce house
- Face painting
- Spirit Station for arts and crafts
- Sno Cones, popcorn and cotton candy stations