UF Health is constantly growing to better serve our patients. Learn how you can support these initiatives to provide superior patient care for our community, world-class facilities and leading-edge research and discovery.
Together, we can.
- The Annual Fund enables UF Health to provide its growing patient population with the most technologically advanced care available today. Your gift supports the most current and urgent needs of our academic health center.
- Over the next several years, UF Health is converting the east end of UF Health Shands Hospital into a pediatric hospital. This includes a renovation of the NICU and the new UF Health Congenital Heart Center. Learn more about UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital.
- NICU Renovation: UF Health is currently raising funds for the renovation of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Located on the 3rd floor of the hospital, the NICU cares for hundreds of newly born infants in need of intensive care.
- UF Health Congenital Heart Center Renovation: Located on the 10th floor of the hospital, the new UF Health Congenital Heart Center, which opened March 2014, includes 23 private ICU/IMC rooms — each with a bathroom and shower to accommodate families with extended stays, as well as the ability to house its own set of life-saving equipment.
Our ambition to reach the top of American medical education depends on three specific priorities:
- A new medical education facility that matches our premier program
- Increased scholarship support for medical students, residents and fellows
- Building faculty endowment to assure continued excellence.
- Medical Education Building:The 94,000-square-foot, four-story facility opened July 2015, enabling the college to expand its space for simulation education with a state-of-the-art experiential learning theater that can easily be transformed into a variety of settings, creating real-life scenarios to help teach students and professionals complicated, high-risk skills.
- Scholarships and Fellowships: Endowed scholarship and fellowship funds are critical to the University of Florida because they generate predictable, growing streams of income in perpetuity. Moreover, scholarships and fellowships provide great encouragement to our students – financially and emotionally.