Raising Hope at Work for Babies
HOW IT WORKS:
The Dream Team bracket system is a fun way to raise money during the annual employee campaign. The contest will run from Jan. 2 to March 29. Employees will be able to join their department’s team, and then compete against other departments for the most funds raised. Teams earn points to progress in the bracket; points are based on participation and total dollars raised.
Register online and join your team!
At the time of online registration, you can also make your one-time gift or sign up for payroll deduction. After completing registration, customize your personal fundraising page and share with friends and family to donate towards your team’s total dollars raised.
Types of gifts
- Payroll deduction
- Hour of Power
- One-time gift
- Mini department fundraisers
- Online peer fundraising
The system will be based on a points system. Departments/teams will receive points based on their participation and total money raised.
- Participation: It’s simple. Participation points are earned by one-time donations or payroll deductions. The more employees on your team who participate, the more points your team earns.
- Dollars Raised: The more you fundraise, the more points your team earns. Raise money through one-time donations, payroll deductions, or other fundraising activities, such as online fundraising, silly scrub day, penny wars, etc. Teams can get as creative as they would like!
Step-by-Step Process to Becoming a Champion of Hope
#1 – Qualify for the Bracket (click here for bracket)
Each department or team that raises $100 by Wednesday, Jan. 16 will be eligible to move forward into the Dream Team bracket system. Of the teams that qualify, only the top 32 teams will compete in the bracket. The top 32 teams will be announced on Friday, Jan. 18, 2013.
#2 – Secure Your Spot
The system will be based on a points system. Departments/teams will receive points based on their participation, total money raised, and bracket seeding. Of the teams that qualify, only the top 32 teams will compete in the bracket. The top 32 teams will be the teams with the highest number of points, based on dollars raised and participation.
#3 – Move Up the Ranks (Employee Campaign Dates)
- The top 32 teams will be placed in the bracket and compete for twelve weeks until the Champion of Hope emerges.
- Just like in March Madness, the competition will get more intense as the bracket progresses. It will be narrowed down to the sweet sixteen, elite eight, final four, championship – and finally the Champion of Hope!
- Each round lasts two weeks. At the end of each round, the departments/teams with the most points will move forward into the next round.
- Each department is encouraged to utilize the online giving site to gather donations from family and friends in support of their department.
- All money must be turned in to the Development Office (1329 Building, 3rd Floor, Suite 3150) two days prior to the beginning of the next round
- Each department can hold mini department fundraisers (Change jar, candy, silly scrub day) to advance in the bracket.
#4 – Earn Prizes!
- Each team that advances to the next round will win a prize! Employees that have contributed via one-time donation or payroll deduction will be eligible for prizes.
- The winning department, the Champion of Hope, will receive a catered lunch for the department, Champion of Hope scrub top or polo shirt (department decision), and a trophy to proudly display within the department.
Want to learn more? Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
*All money must be turned in to Jennifer Tyler at the Development Office (1329 Building, 3rd Floor) two days prior to the beginning of the next round.
For more information: