Tributes & Memorials
Make a gift. Save a life.
Honor the memory of a loved one by giving the gift of hope and love, or celebrate the life of a friend or relative by making a contribution to UF&Shands in lieu of a gift. There are many ways that you can help make a difference in the lives of our patients:
- Make a donation and designate which area you would like your gift to support – patient care, research or education. UF&Shands will notify the person or their family.
- Set up group donations, including an online donation site. To do so, please contact Jennifer Tyler with the following:
- Your name;
- Name of the person you would like to honor;
- Contact information of the family or person who should be notified of the gift;
- Where you would like the gifts directed.
- Include memorial gift information in obituaries. Sample sentences include:
- “In lieu of flowers, please honor ‘MR. SMITH’s’ memory by making a donation to Shands at the University of Florida. Gifts may be mailed to Shands HealthCare, Office of Development, P.O. Box 100386, Gainesville, FL 32610. *Please indicate on your gift that it is directed to Shands at UF and that it is in MR. SMITH’s memory.
- “Gifts in memory of ‘MR. SMITH’ may be made to Shands at the University of Florida by mailing to Shands Healthcare, Office of Development, P.O. Box 100386, Gainesville, FL 32610.” *Please indicate on your gift that it is directed to Shands at UF and that it is in MR. SMITH’s memory.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Tyler, Development Associate, at email@example.com or 352-265-7275.
Current Donation Pages:
Joel Franklin Schmidlapp: https://donate.giving.ufandshands.org/joel-schmidlapp-memorial