The UF Health difference
A tradition of innovation and excellence
UF Health has long been a leader in providing cutting-edge care for serious health issues.
With the advent of a new strategic plan in 2010 that identified patient quality and safety as top institutional priorities, UF Health has rigorously pursued improvement in patient outcomes and satisfaction and now ranks among the nation’s best hospitals in measures of overall quality and safety. The results of this effort speak for themselves: UF Health is the No. 1 medical center in the region in 11 of the 16 specialties ranked by US News, eclipsing many other health care entities located in much larger metropolitan areas; it ranks among the top 50 of 708 hospitals for cardiovascular care, is considered a top performer for neurology and neurosurgery, and ranks in the top 25 percent of all hospitals in the country for the complexity of the medical cases it serves.
UF Health’s impressive record comes as little surprise given its rich culture of creativity and innovation. From the invention of Gatorade, which fundamentally changed the science of sports medicine, to the revolution in brain radiosurgery that came through UF’s breakthrough use of the linear accelerator, Florida’s flagship academic health center has always fused the resources of six health-related colleges (including more than 2,000 world-class, health faculty, two comprehensive hospitals and myriad research centers and institutes) to confront some of the world’s most pressing health challenges.
A design that improves care and saves lives
Our commitment – to be the best academic health center in the Southeast and beyond – is a driving force for building world-class facilities, the UF Health Heart & Vascular Hospital and the UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital, that thoughtfully integrate the latest innovations in medical technology and hospital design with the collective expertise of UF Health.
The UF Health Heart & Vascular Hospital and the UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital will create the physical environments that save and extend lives. As a result, our patients and their families can expect:
- Earlier and more accurate diagnosis of complex health conditions
- Shorter procedure times
- Less invasive treatment options
- More convenient post-op follow-up
- Shorter hospital stays
- Faster recovery
Clinical features & highlights:
- Cardiovascular and neuro care specialists consolidated in one location to improve care and speed recovery time.
- Conveniently located and centralized cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, neurology and neurosurgery office complexes for pre- and post-operative physician appointments.
- Nearly 100 surgical care patient rooms and 120 ICU patient rooms – all private to enhance privacy and recovery.
- Multiple hybrid operating rooms, featuring flexible diagnostic and surgical setups which allow for better adaptation to the rapid cycle of innovation in medicine and technology.
- Nearly two dozen operating rooms designed for minimally invasive and standard surgical procedures.
- Hospital design characteristics, which improve patient safety and healthcare outcomes and provide a more supportive environment for staff.
- The most current diagnostic technology, which will help our physicians more confidently remove tumors, repair heart valves and complete other complex procedures.
Design features & highlights:
- A carefully planned entrance that allows for optimum traffic flow regardless of the direction of travel.
- Improved navigation and wayfinding, which will deliver an easier, less stressful experience for patients and families.
- Thoughtfully planned patient and family support areas offering optimal privacy.
- Soothing outdoor space including a Healing Garden, inviting walkways and landscaping, and space for respite and reflection.
- Café with comfortable indoor and outdoor seating.
- Green principles that align environmental considerations with health system priorities and reduce costs.